Privacy Statement – IACC
Please read this policy carefully as it explains the type of personal information we collect about you and how we handle this data.
How we collect and use Personal Information
Membership to IACC includes providing personal information relating to key team members within your company or yourself who by nature of their role would be involved with the key activities offered through your IACC membership. The personal information provided by you and your team members will be used to:
- Share with other members to operate as a forum for sharing best practice and networking about IACC.
- Notify you in relation to networking events and membership events arranged by IACC that we feel would be of interest to you.
- To share information about products and services which could be of interest to you or your business from third party companies working in partnership with IACC.
IACC attends international exhibitions and events to promote the association and members within the hospitality industry and will collect data from non-members. We will at point of collection request permission to store personal information which is shared with the business and will advise how this information will be stored and used in relation to IACC:
- Individuals or businesses interested in membership to IACC will share information to enable the IACC representatives to contact and discuss the benefits of joining the association.
- Provide updates through Email communications about IACC. Such updates will have an ‘unsubscribe’ option to enable individuals to change their preference on receiving such information.
- Advise of opportunities to join IACC for networking events and conferences.
IACC provides a venue find enquiry service to event planners and your information is collected to enable IACC
- Process your event enquiry to appropriate members to enable them to propose their venue for your event independent of the IACC association.
- IACC will communicate with our event planners on a regular basis to update you on our member news, promotions and general information relating to IACC which we feel will be of interest to you.
- IACC will share your information with appropriate members planning networking events, hospitality events and invitations as hosted buyers to exhibitions that would be of interest to your event planning.
We will not publicly share your personal information nor sell it to third parties.
IACC holds the membership in a secure database electronically and it is shared to a third party contracted to manage on behalf of IACC our electronic Eshot communications to members, non-members interested in receiving communications from IACC and to event planners.
Should you wish to amend information held on the database for the UK and European Chapter, please contact Kate Bacon, Customer Relations and Events Manager by emailing: Kbacon@iacconline.org
What type of information we may collect
- Name, Job Title and Company details
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Demographic information such as address and zip/postcode
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, communication preferences
We may transfer your personal information to, and store it at, destinations outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the purposes outlined in this privacy statement. It may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA for IACC. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer. We will take appropriate measure to ensure that, wherever it is located, your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement
Reasons We Share Personal Data
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or approved. This would include sharing your details through our venue find service at point of enquiry from the IACC website. In addition, IACC will share your information with contracted third- party suppliers of services supporting the IACC association. Such information is shared only for the work to be undertaken on our behalf.
How IACC keeps your information up to date
IACC maintains historic data of membership, international events and meetings and makes every effort to ensure this information is as accurate as possible. We will twice yearly contact members to update your team member details and to update any other membership information we hold relating to you.
Keeping our Privacy Statement up to date
How To Control Your Personal Data
You can contact us at any time to discuss the personal data we are holding; by calling +44 203 478 0274 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
. A member of our team will contact you to discuss the information we are holding and make any changes required. In you receive our promotional emails, you can unsubscribe at any time by taking the link which appears at the bottom of the email communication.
or write to IACC, 6 Leather Street, Long Itchington. Warwickshire. CV47 9RD. United Kingdom.