Back To List
Aramark | Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center
Back To List
- Manage and maintain group and transient inventory controls including, but not limited to, room accommodation and rate inventory controls, roll-in controls, group inventory and cut-off dates, implementation of blackout dates, maintaining demand information and managing sellout strategies in partnership with Front Office.
- Serve as primary liaison with Front Office, Sales and Marketing and Reservation to maximize inventory and profitability.
- Develop, monitor and adjust sales and pricing strategies.
- Conducts competitive and demand analyses and provides critical analysis of chosen strategies, room statistics and general demand factors to ensure the most effective and efficient balance between demand and availability.
- Conduct forecasting, review all competitive shops, review demand, convention and city event calendars, maintain data on competitor products and maintain historical data on events and performance.
- Establish hotel pricing levels in all segments.
- Responsible for the daily room inventory management process and daily pricing process.
- Monitor competitor rates, positioning, strategies and data; maintain understanding of the dynamics of the local market and demand generators and present appropriate action plans to management.
- Monitor and communicate fluctuations in occupancy to operational departments so they can effectively manage staffing requirements and increase efficiency.
- Analyze local events and activities and project the effect of opportunities they create. • Understand the macro and micro-economic variables affecting supply and demand in the local marketplace, and use this knowledge to create accurate operational and financial room revenue forecasts.
- Perform unconstrained demand analysis to determine optimal business mix.
- Responsible for all short and long term forecasts including Weekly Forecasts, 30/60/90 Forecasts, In the month forecasts, and Full year forecasts.
- Oversee process for evaluating all opportunities for contracted business (group, wholesale, corporate negotiated, etc.) presented through the Sales department. Ensure that process enables high speed of response while maximizing profits.
- Responsible for the maintenance of any software programs which contribute to the management of rooms revenue, including the CRS, RMS, PMS and Sales & Catering system.
- Monitor RevPAR index on STR report and provide critical analysis of performance on weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepare annual Rooms revenue budget.
- Chair weekly Revenue Strategy meetings in order to formulate and disseminate strategies and tactics. Ensure that prior decisions are re-visited in this forum in order to evaluate their effectiveness and promote learning.
- Ensure all distribution channels have correct content and pricing.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with the market manager of Third Party Intermediaries to maximize the opportunities with these channels.
- Responsible for Internet Marketing such as pay per click campaigns, e-mail blasts, GDS advertising, etc.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Administration, Business, Statistics, Marketing, Finance or a relevant field of work preferred.
- Two-years revenue management experience required.
- In-depth understanding of tools- spreadsheets, statistical methods for analyzing data.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to identify relevant data and use it to draw inferences with reference to impact on hotels revenues.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to use PMS, reservation and revenue management systems to forecast and implement optimal strategies.
- Analyze past and present trends and make recommendations for future strategies.
Apply online at www.aramark.com | firstname.lastname@example.org