Chief Accountant (Assistant Director of Finance)
Back To List
Dolce La Hulpe Brussels
Back To List
The Chief Accountant is responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of the Accounting staff, ensuring that highly productive and well-trained staff is always maintained. The Chief Accountant ensures the accuracy, consistency, and timeliness of the financial reporting and Accounting functions while providing information and assistance to the Controller. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with hotel’s established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Monitor the capital planning process by assisting management with the calculation of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid process, and ensuring proper upkeep of the property by evaluating scope of work and specifications.
- Ensure hotels' compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Analyse financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels' financial objectives.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliation's are reconciled on a timely basis.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Assist the Director of Finance with all Accounting related items.
- Continually focus on training and development programs for the Accounting associates to cultivate the "brightest" and "best" talent within the industry.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counselling and discipline.
- Maintain compliance with Wyndham' standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Ensure the proper utilization, maintenance and periodic upgrades of all equipment.
- Assist in preparation all financial reports in accordance with Wyndham's requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines, i.e. •Conduct and/or attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favourable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Monitor hotels' compliance in meeting required report deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
- Monitor the accurate production of the hotel daily operating report.
Director of Human Ressources
T: +32 2 290 98 60