Catering Sales Manager
Aramark | Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center
Back To Industry Careers
- Represent hotel by soliciting, responding to and negotiating with persons requiring group accommodations (generally over 10 guest rooms) with or without meeting space and/or on-site (property) catering, based upon market segment and account files assigned by the Director of Sales (and Marketing).
- Represent property in significant interactions dealing with customers relative to sales and operational questions, concerns, and issues.
- Negotiate contracts with customers and commission agreements with third party agencies.
- Initiate the preparation of proposals and/or contracts to advise prospective customers primarily of the guest rooms, meeting space and/or banquet date, space and rate availability. Develop and quote prices for same.
- Engage in outside sales activities to discuss business opportunities and entertain customers in local and assigned markets (percentage of travel dependent on specific market).
- Direct site visits and H.O.S.T. programs for respective accounts and participates in tradeshows, industry and customer events.
- Attend weekly sales departmental meeting and other scheduled meetings to support business operations, e.g., tentative review, lost business review, group-pick up, etc.
- Conduct site inspections with potential customers, visiting guest rooms, meeting space and banquet facilities, as well as other property facilities.
- Manage high volume catered food and beverage including catering and concessions.
- Plan, direct and control catering services year-round to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs.
- Premium services include the catering execution of events and retail food operations.
- Assist the Director of Operations in overseeing event operations and will contribute to the overall aesthetic appearance and environment of catered events.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position maybe required to perform a combination of the supportive functions as requested, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
Please apply on www.aramark.com | email@example.com