New Meeting Room of The Future Report Just Released
For the second year in a row, IACC is pleased to present a ground-breaking report that combines research and insights into the top issues facing the global meetings and conference industry. The IACC Meeting Room of the Future™ report brings together insights from global meeting planners, IACC members and industry experts on the trends and issues that will impact the future of meetings and conferences.
More than 180 meeting planners from around the world provided their insight, allowing us to identify and deliver key trends on what will be required in meeting rooms of the future.
Download 2017 report >
VIEW INFOGRAPHIC >
About the Project
Predict. Create. Shape. IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ is an initiative led by IACC, sharing the association’s vision on what meeting rooms will look like in future. The annual report brings together research, trends and innovations with the single goal of predicting, creating and shaping the future of meeting environments.
The IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ initiative surveys the industry, including planners, meeting hosts, delegates, operators and suppliers, with the aim of understanding needs and predicting the potential to evolve. IACC's research answers questions such as:
- Will presentation-driven meetings still account for the majority of meetings in the future?
- Are mobile workplaces affecting what an organisation or their delegates need to get from their meeting experiences?
- What do venue operators need to know when investing in AV equipment and technology?
- How do we reduce meeting room set up times?
- What are the technology priorities for meetings?
2017 Report Findings
This year’s report highlights several key findings:
- Experience creation continues to be a key driver of meeting planning
- Incoming generations are changing the dynamic of meetings (more technology, more collaboration, and shorter sessions)
- Planners are increasingly looking for outside and off-site activities to supplement their meetings
"I just read the IACC Spaces of the future report and want to congratulate IACC for a job well done. The report defines and highlights key expectations and changes we are all experiencing in the market place. Fantastic Job! It is such an exciting time to be involved in the hospitality market. I believe the industry is transitioning paradigms and IACC has a great grasp of what the future holds." -
Join the initiative
Opportunities to participate
IACC is offering key industry partners the opportunity to participate in the next IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ initiative. The initiative will include IACC members, supplier partners, Industry Associations and other bright minds with a passion for the meetings experience!
Become A Contributor / Research Partner
Companies and individuals who support this initiative will receive:
- Appropriate recognition at IACC conferences, events and at other industry events where the results are presented
- Pre-release copy of key survey findings
- Opportunity to contribute to the research design
- Opportunity to provide products, services, expertise and knowledge to design, equip and promote the IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ concept at IACC conferences and events
- Quoted in at least 2 press releases and industry articles where IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ is featured, including press interviews
- Supporter/Contributor recognition on the IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ web page on IACCmeetings.com and IACConline.org
For further information on how to become involved in the IACC Meeting Room of The Future™ initiative, email Kate Bacon firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 2030 478 0274 or +1 312 224 2580 to reserve your partner status today.
Heidi Nieson, Hospitality Sales Manager, SICO America, Inc.
"I shared the above report with our CEO and other executives at PSAV and all were very impressed. Everyone who’s seen and read it are very impressed and excited to see how we can get more involved." - Joe Santo, Vice President Business Development, PSAV
"We are very excited to partner with IACC on this project and congratulate all involved in creating this valuable research and report. We are excited about the possibility of digging deeper into the subject of evolving meeting spaces and studying the impact they have on meeting performance." - Jessie States, Manager professional Development, Meeting Professionals International
"We are in the middle of a £50m strategic repositioning and investment program for our meeting spaces in our UK venue portfolio and IACC’s study and research into this area will be of great value for us. It is like a 'breath of fresh air' to see research of this type."
- UK member of conference venues
Download 2017 Report
Download 2016 Report 2 (Venue Operators) | Download 2016 Report 1 (Meeting Planners)